Safeguarding and Promoting Welfare of Children
At Chaucer Junior School we are committed to our duty of safeguarding and promoting the safety and Welfare of all children.
Defined for the purpose of this guidance as
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- Ensuring children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances
More information is available in the pdf of the school's Child Protection Policy below.
If you have any concerns about the safety and welfare of any child at school please contact any of the following people.
- Any member of staff who will be able to direct your concern to the appropriate person.
- A School Governor ( a list can be seen on the school website).
The designated Person in School for Child Protection is Mrs Anna Upton – Headteacher.
In her absence the deputy designates are Miss Jane Mee – Assistant Head and Mrs Sam Starling - Senior Learning Mentor
The nominated governor is Mrs Any Nuthall.
Important contact details
Starting Point ( For all Safeguarding Concerns):
Tel: 01629 533 190
Fax: 01629 585 669
Out of hours Call Derbyshire (Children’s /Young Peoples and Adult Social Care)
Tel: 01629 533190
Fax: 01629 585669
Police Central Referral Unit
Tel: 0300 122 8719
Fax: 01773 572074
NSPCC - National Helpline
0808 800 5000
0800 11 11
Child Protection Manager Schools/Educational Settings Derbyshire- Debbie Peacock
01629 531079 Debbie.email@example.com
DCC Child Protection/ Safeguarding Team – 01629 532178
Derbyshire Police 101- can route non urgent referrals through to the PREVENT Team
Children’s Social Care (single point of Contact- Starting Point) - 01629 5319930
Seamus Carroll is the lead officer for Prevent at Derbyshire County Council firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01629 538494 or 07771 980107