Chaucer Junior School
SEND INFORMATION REPORT
5. How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child’s development or progress in school?
The class teacher and teaching assistant observe and assess your child throughout each lesson, this information along with the information gathered during planned assessments(tests) throughout the year; help the school make judgments about your child’s strengths and areas for development.
If your child is then identified as not making progress the school will set up a meeting to discuss this with you in more detail and to:
- Listen to any concerns you may have.
- Plan any additional support your child may receive or need; this may involve adult support or an intervention programme; it could involve working with the family or referral to outside agencies.
- Discuss a reasonable timescale for support to be implemented and evaluated.
- Discuss with you any referrals to outside professionals to support your child’s learning when school based intervention has not had the desired impact.
- Discuss what part you will need to take to support your child and the school with any intervention.
You will be given the opportunity to evaluate and discuss your child’s progress at parents evenings or review meetings of you child’s needs.
Mrs Starling will hold internal review meetings with the Teachers, Teaching assistants and Head Teachers to discuss the intervention and progress of all children on the SEND register 3 times per year. The outcomes and action of these meetings will be discussed with parent/carers at parent evenings.
If Mrs Starling feels it is necessary to speak to you before then, she will contact you.
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE KEPT IMFORMED OF YOUR CHILD’S NEEDS AND SUPPORT.