Support for Carers
Chaucer Junior School
SEND INFORMATION REPORT
10. What support do we have for you as a parent/carer of a child with SEND?
- The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school so similar strategies can be used.
- The SENDco (Mrs Starling) is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
- IEP’s will be reviewed with your involvement each half term.
- Homework will be adjusted as needed to your child’s individual needs.
- A home/school contact book may be used to support communication with you, when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.
- Our Head Teacher (Mrs Anna Upton) is always available to offer support/advice to parents.
- If it is felt necessary by the school or yourself we can arrange support from a multi-agency team, who can visit you at home or in school to discuss any problems.
- We can also refer you or put you into contact with outside agency such as: Parent Partnership, Austism Outreach, Social Services, School Nurse or Barnardos.