Can't find what you're looking for?
Translate / Traduire / Übersetzen / Tłumaczyć / Išversti / Tulkot / Traducir
School Logo

Chaucer Junior School

"Dream, Believe, Achieve"

Get in touch

Contact Details

click ceop opens in new window

How can I let the school know I am concerned about my child’s development or progress in school?

If you have concerns about your child’s progress you should: Initially speak to your child’s teacher.


This can be done in an informal way at the end of the school day, however; it is important that you are given ample time to explain and discuss you concerns fully; deciding with the teacher what actions need to be taken in order for your child to be happy and to give them the opportunities to meet their full potential.


It is for these reasons that it may be appropriate for you to arrange a meeting with the class teacher either directly, or through the school office.


The teacher’s will do everything possible to ensure they are available to meet at a time convenient to you.


If you are not satisfied that the concerns are being dealt with correctly, or quickly enough; your child remains unhappy, or is still not making progress : you should speak to the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-Ordinator (SENDco).


Mrs Starling is available at the beginning or end of most days, however; it may be more useful for you to arrange a meeting with her when you will have ample time to discuss the issues.


At Chaucer Junior School parents, pupil and communication are at the centre of any discussion, therefore it may be necessary to invite the child’s teacher or Head Teacher to these meetings. So that everyone is aware of the issues and the actions from them.


If the issues are serious or urgent : you should contact school immediately and ask to speak to the Head Teacher.


Miss J Mee will be happy to speak to you or if she is not available the concerns will be dealt with by the Senior Leadership Team: Miss s Stallard, Mr G Smith, Miss  orT Smith.


You may contact the School Chair of Governors or the SEND Governor with any issues regarding the school. Their details can be found on the contacts page.