How will my child’s teacher adapt the teaching for my child?
Class Teachers plan lessons according to the specific needs of all groups of children in their class, and will ensure that your child’s needs are met.
- Specially trained support staff can adapt the teachers planning to support the needs of your child where necessary.
- Specific resources and strategies will be used to support your child individually and in groups.
These may include:
- Individual workstations – equipped with everything your child needs to access the lesson.
- Pencil grips – are used on a pencil to support with control and improve handwriting.
- Visual prompts – these can be used for a number of different things, they usually include a symbol/picture and word to remind children;.
- Class/individual visual timetable .
- Feeling cards to enable your child to express how they feel; these might be on a discreet key ring.
- Time out areas