Sport and Funding
School Ethos on Sport
We believe in providing PE opportunities for all and strive to participate in as many school sports competitions, events, festivals and activities in Ilkeston and Erewash as possible.
Sports Clubs / Teams at Chaucer Juniors
In the past year, the school has been able to offer children the opportunity to participate in Athletics, Change4Life, Bikeability, Netball, Boys' Football, Girls' Football, Cross Country, Table Tennis, Tri-Golf, Cyclo-Cross, OzBox, Badminton, Tennis, Multi-Sports, Circus Skills, Swimming, Dance, Gymnastics, Tag Rugby, Dodgeball, Kwik Cricket, Sportsability and Handball.
Each year the school receives money to use on Sports initiatives. Please open the pdf attachment below to see how the sports funding is being spent.
Purpose of Sport Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches
- Supporting Change4Life clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
Erewash School Sport Partnership – Gold Package
Among other benefits, this package provides the school with;
- Various after school clubs and curriculum support sessions – including physical literacy
- Unlimited number of places on continuous professional development
- Entrance into all Erewash Sports competitions and festivals
- Access to young ambassador training and sessions
- Affiliation to Derbyshire School Sport Association