Pupil Premium History
Each year the school receives Money in connection with the number of children who receive FSM (Free School Meals).
(2011-12) we received:
Pupil Premium Income £18460
We used it to employ better reading mentors to support children who find reading difficult. This had a positive impact and accelerated their progress. They progressed at double the speed of other children in their year group.
It was also used to continue support provided in our Nurture room. This has proved to be hugely beneficial for children who need support socially and emotionally.
(2012-13) we received:
Pupil Premium Income £52,350
We have used or intend to use the money in the following ways:
- We have employed 2 x reading mentors to deliver the better reading scheme. This has had a huge impact on reading progress throughout the school. We achieved our best results in reading last year. With 100% of FSM children making expected or above expected progress.
- The Nurture Room was able to be maintained for a second year. This has provided excellent support for children with social and emotional difficulties.
- Purchase new software for our Library which will allow parents to share in the children's reading experiences and makes the most use of new technology to enhance children's reading experiences especially the more able!!
- Provide 1:1 support for children who may need an extra boost with their writing.
- A learning mentor for children who may need extra support with different aspects of their learning. This has enabled children to achieve the correct behaviour for learning and accelerated progress.
- Use of HLTA to provide small group mentoring in year 6 for children with Special Educational Needs. Children with SEN make accelerated progress at this school.
- To employ an extra teacher - reducing class sizes and allowing the school to have no mixed age classes. We now have 2 classes per year group.
- To employ an extra midday supervisor so that we can run extra curricular clubs at lunch time. This has improved lunch time behaviour.
As a result of Pupil premium FSM children all made at least good progress with 40% making outstanding in Reading
This year 2013-14 we received £76,678
£28,130 - TA intervention including HLTA to provide specialist support for small groups in Literacy and Numeracy
£13,920 - TA support - Better Writing, support for FSM groups
£11,950 - TA support - Better Reading, support for FSM groups
£17,628 Nuture Room & Positive Play - Support for children with social and emotional difficulties.
£7,000 Behaviour Mentor- Support for children with social and emotional difficulties.
Totals - £78,628