What or who are the specialist services that are used to support my child and the school?
- Support Service for Special Educational Needs (SSSEN)
The support Service works directly with pupils with Statements of Education or Education Health Care plans. The specified work takes place in school. The supported is reviewed with child, parent/carer, SENCO and teacher on a termly basis.
- Multi-Agency Team (MAT)
MAT based in the community and bring together staff from health and social care, education support and children's centres. They work closely with schools, GPs and community groups. The team supports children, young people and families who have additional needs to help them become healthier and meet their full potential.
- Behaviour Support Service (BSS)
BSS aim to support schools to improve pupil behaviour and reduce exclusions, to support the re-integration of excluded pupils and to provide or secure the best possible education for pupils following permanent exclusion.
- Speech and language Therapy Service
SLTS provide services in children's centres, education settings, client's homes, care homes, health centres and hospitals. They work together to deliver high quality services for adults and children who have:
- Speech, language and communication needs.
- Eating and swallowing disorders (dysphagia).
- Occupational /Physiotherapist
- Educational Psychologist
- Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)