PE and Sports Premium
School's Ethos to Sport and Physical Education
We believe in providing opportunities for all children to be involved in physical activity, either competitively or as a means of healthy living. We strive to participate in as many school sports competitions, events, festivals and activities in Ilkeston and Erewash as possible.
Clubs and Teams
We are currently reviewing our extra-curricular offer to ensure inclusivity for all and so that our children have access to a range of competitive and non-competitive activities.
Purpose of Funding
The P.E. and Sport Premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Funding is calculated as follows:
Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1000 per pupil.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Our total funding for the year 2021 - 2022 is £18,355.
PE and sport premium underspends from 2020-21 and 2019-20 can be used until the end of July 2022.
The funding has been allocated to show improvements against 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills for staff.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities being offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sports.
Erewash Schools Sport Partnership – Gold Package
Among others, the partnership allows schools access to the following benefits:
- Various after school clubs and curriculum support sessions – including physical literacy
- Unlimited number of places on continuous professional development
- Entrance into all Erewash Sports competitions and festivals
- Access to young ambassador training and sessions
- Affiliation to Derbyshire School Sport Association